The games will be played in Seoul, Korea, so the official times and dates are based on Korean time.
Each game starts at 1:00 PM Seoul time.
This means that if you live on the American continent, the games will begin in the evening on the previous day.
Details and timezone conversions are provided below. Here’s the schedule:
AlphaGo vs Lee Sedol schedule
- Wednesday, March 9 (Tuesday, March 8 for American viewers)
- Thursday, March 10
- Saturday, March 12
- Sunday, March 13
- Tuesday, March 15
The games start at the same time on every match day, which as mentioned above is 1:00 PM Seoul time. In other timezones that’s:
- 8:00 PM on the previous day, US Pacific Standard Time (Los Angeles)
- 11:00 PM on the previous day, US Eastern Standard Time (New York)
- 4:00 AM, Coordinated Universal Time (GMT, London)
- 5:00 AM, Central European Time (Berlin)
- 12:00 PM, China Standard Time (Beijing)
- 3:00 PM, Australian Eastern Daylight Time (Sydney).
Where to watch?
DeepMind will be streaming the games live on their Youtube channel.
Go Game Guru will host discussions for each game as it happens.
Here’s the link for game 5.
Updates will be posted at DeepMind AlphaGo vs Lee Sedol regularly.
Rules of the game
Chinese rules will be used throughout the match.
The players will have 2 hours main time and 3×1 minute byo-yomi each.
Subscribe for updates
If you’d like to receive updates, you can click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
It includes news, game commentary and more, delivered weekly.